Here is a page with general advice on walking gear, especially for anyone planning on going on the freshers’ meet who isn’t sure what to take.
- Baselayer Leggings
- Baselayer Top
- Light trousers
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Overtrousers
- Gaiters, if you have them
Note, DO NOT take cotton (e.g. hoodies and jeans), it will get wet, stay wet, and you will have a cold, miserable (and wet) time.
- Map & Map Case
- Food (For freshers, one supper, two lunches, one breakfast + snacks)
- Water (and obviously waterbottles)
- Bothy/Survival Bag (Can be borrowed from the club)
- Rucksack to carry all your lovely stuff in
- Sleeping Bag (nights can get cold)
- Sleeping Mat (you will be v. uncomfortable without one)
For cheap stuff, look in Mountain Warehouse or Decathlon, for all other gear needs, check out the main gear page (scroll to the bottom).